You think you were done with school? Think again! But this is not the school you remember – come join us at Beer College and learn about your favorite subject. All classes are approximately 90 minutes and involve tasting some of the best beers available in Texas. If you purchased a Living Social or Groupon offer in the past please note that despite the expiration date we’ll still honor them for our latest “semester” that began in February 2014.
Beer College Syllabus & Schedule
Held on Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Beer College classes cover topics ranging from beer’s history to the proper glassware for different beer styles. The schedule runs as follows:
- April 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th – Texas Breweries – An exploration of the breweries in the great state of Texas, both current and historical.
- May 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th – Home brewing – An introduction to the basic principles of home brewing plus an on-site demonstration.
- June 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd – Beer and food pairing – A look at the pleasures of real beer and real food pairing together. Concrete examples as well as further theory will be explored.
- July 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th – Local Breweries – An explanation of our fine local breweries by the brewers and employees themselves, a different local brewer each week (TBA)
- August 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th – Beer 102 – A more in depth explanation of what it is that goes into making our favorite beverage; as well as more nuanced tasting notes provided
- September 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd – German Beer – A look at the fine, traditional beers made in Germany. Also an extended conversation concerning lagers in general
- October 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th – Hops and hop varietals – Further explanation of America’s favorite beer ingredient; including hands on examples of certain varieties of hops
- November 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th – Local Beer – same as above with different local breweries represented. (Schedule of breweries TBA)
Please call the shop directly at 214-828-2873 to register and ensure a spot to the class of your choice. 24-hour cancellation notice is required.