You think you were done with school? Think again! But this is not the school you remember – come join us at Beer College and learn about your favorite subject. All classes are approximately 90 minutes and involve tasting some of the best beers available in Texas. If you purchased a Living Social or Groupon offer in the past please note that despite the expiration date we’ll still honor them for our latest “semester” that began in February 2014.
Beer College Syllabus & Schedule
Held on Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Beer College classes cover topics ranging from beer’s history to the proper glassware for different beer styles. The schedule runs as follows:
- February 4, 11, 18 & 25: Beer 101, an overview of beer’s history and styles that also encompasses topics such as home-brewing and food pairings
- March 4, 11, 18 & 25 : Beer styles and glassware
- April 1, 8, 15 & 22: American craft beers, an exploration of US microbreweries and craft beers
- May 6, 13, 20 & 27: Belgium beers, which covers doubles, triples, and farmhouse variants
- June 3, 10, 17 & 24: Texas beers, a survey of beers from all over the state
- July 1, 8, 15 & 22: Home-brewing
- August 5, 12, 19 & 26: Beer and food pairings
- September 2, 9, 16 & 23: North Texas beers, a survey of local breweries with guest speakers
- October 7, 14, 21 & 28: German beers
- November 4, 11, 18 & 25: North Texas beers, a continued survey of local breweries with guest speakers
Please call the shop directly at 214-828-2873 to register and ensure a spot to the class of your choice. 24-hour cancellation notice is required.